Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Members only!

The new year has arrived and with it all the toys and amazing presents that came with the Holidays. My husband and I took our weekend to clean out the children's rooms to make room for new exciting treasures. As we were making piles Olivia walked in and observed the piles with her keen six year old eyes. She is generous in giving up things that will go to others in need, but she looked at one pile with questioning eyes.
"You can't throw out that stuff, those are my members," she expressed.
"Your what?" we asked.
"My members, I don't want to give those away."
"Olivia, what is a member?"
"You know when you member stuff, special stuff about things you did," she said as a matter of fact.

And I have laughed for days! So folks in our house, memories are just members of the family. Enjoy your days and keep warm. We are hoping for snow-to make new members.

No comments:

Post a Comment